Saturday, July 17, 2010

Far Sighted

WOW!  What an intense Hill Climb.  700m at average 16%!  The effort reminded me of running an 800m track race.  Something I have not done in a long time.  I absolutely had tunnel Vision at the end.  perhaps this contributed to my blunder.



I rode through a throng of people lining the road.  passed a Big White tent.  And Crested the top of the hill.  I sat up gasping for Breath.  I thought I had crossed the finish line.  I was so wrong.  There was about 30m of flat to go.  I kicked again, finished of and then wished I could kick myself in the head.

What a bone-head move.   I cannot help but wonder what my time might have been.  This is the kind of misfortune that leaves nothing to blame except for yourself.  Therefore this is the sort of blunder that should never occur.  All that is left to do is slap my face into my palm and move on.


Criterium Racing Tonight.  I will be sure to give plenty of time to drive down after yesterdays traffic fiasco.  Mood, motivated.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment