Saturday, November 6, 2010

Better Late than Never

I have an update, and it is a little late.  Last weekend I traveled with the UofS Huskies Cross Country Team to Calgary.  The University of Calgary hosted the Stuart Cup cross country race.  The trip was a blast even if my race was a little off.  I got a little too enthusiastic with the pasta buffet the night before the race so I was feeling rather sluggish.  I tell you ten kilometers is a tough distance to run as a race.  I cracked with several kilometers remaining but I clung to a diminished pace and saw a slight recover in the final 3km.

My bi-pedal efforts this fall have paid off, and on the bus ride home I was named to the Huskie mens team for Nationals.  Next weekend the Huskies fly to Sherbrook, Quebec for the Canadian University Championships.  I had no expectations of my running performance this season, so I am very excited to be a part of this Team.  Those dogs joining me at Nationals are,

Samir Marin
Matt Mazurik 
EricMueller
Stefane Gerard
 Riley Magee
John-Patrick Waslen

 The Huskies will be sending an excellent team to Nationals and we intend to run ourselves blind.
More Huskie Cross Country news can be found HERE

Look forward to more immediate updates as Nationals approaches.

Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 


 P.S.- I apologize for the strange "gaps" in this post.  It seems to be some kind of html error that I don't understand

No comments:

Post a Comment