Saturday, May 21, 2011

Back to racing

Three weeks without racing sure feels like a lot.  I have been getting in some good training miles and even collecting a part time paycheck.  This combination leaves little time to be a multi-dimensional person. I did have a really cool opportunity to branch out this past thursday.  I watched the women's UCI chrono Gatineau, where I did a litttle foot work for pedal magazine

The day in the life of a journalist is nutty.  Go to bed late, wake up early, run around the race site chasing riders like man-tracker, skip lunch, then spend the rest of the day going through notes and photos and fighting with computer formats, and finally go to bed late.  That's all the rough stuff.  Whats really cool is an all access media pass, getting way to close to take photo's, cruising on the back of a moto to get action shots of Clara Hughes and then seeing your words on the magazines website. 

That adventure has ended and so too has my three week block of training.  I am going to start racing again this afternoon with the Gp Outouais followed by the Gp Hudson tomorrow.  After that we will go to Killington Vermont for a stage race.  All I can say is I am itching to get back to racing.  My schedule for the next couple weeks will be divided between racing, travel and recovery.  Looking forward to it.



Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment