Monday, May 23, 2011

Re-Racing

Two races this past weekend.  They both involved a similar pattern for me. 

Gp Outouais

A short circuit race only 108km.  Wide roads, wide corners  On the gas the whole time.  Lots of early aggression.  I was not at 100% but I seemed to be constantly in the right place at the right time.  Which made things rather hard.  I took of early in a huge group of about a dozen.  We where flying but had allot of baggage.  With the lack of cooperation it came back to the group after 65km.  I survived the rest on  softened legs.

Gp Hudson

130km circuit race on the river bank.  Steep rollers and narrower roads.  Again I was taking on allot of early action.  Another big group of about a dozen takes off early.  I decide I am some kind of engineer and try to build a bridge.  4 others come along, and we pin it for over 60km to make it across.  Again it all comes back.  At this point my top end is nuked.  With 25km remaining I fail to punch it over a steep hill.  Day done, cruise back to the feed zone in a foul mood.


Lessons

patience is a virtue.  I ought to wait for the last hour of racing rather than the first. 

Optimism

Jen`s Voigt says that riding in the breakaways all day is how you get really strong. 

Comming Soon

Killington Stage Race in Vermont.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment