Saturday, May 15, 2010

Breaking Bad

If I were a literary character I would be one dimensional, and I really don't mind.  I just threw down a bad ass big week of training.  Had some long days and some good intervally sessions.  Between Training and working there is very little time for much else.  OH how I want my bike to feed me.
 As an elite athlete hard training and hard racing is commonplace.  There is no training session or race that is as exhausting as working a part time job.  8hrs on your feet is physically and mentally draining.  Work does come with two benefits.  One a paycheck, two the knowledge that any punishingly hard ride is preferable and less exhausting.  Which means that when it is time to ride hard there is no complaint.  Own it, love it, ride it, kill it, bring the heat to forge the form.

There is no racing for me this weekend.  Instead I will be volunteering at the wheel to heal.  This is a charity event put on by our Team sponsor to raise funds for the children`s hospital.  I am glad to show my thanks to the Team sponsor.  Like the knights of olde, who were supported by nobility to joust.  I am supported by those more wealthy than I, and so I will lend a hand when called upon.

Next weekend I will be heading down to Washington State to race at Enumclaw.  I have been building my form and focus to be very fast.  The past week I have been hardening and sharpening my quads to be on good form.  Haven`t had a proper race in several weeks so I am anxious to get back to racing.



 Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment