Monday, November 15, 2010

CIS

Well, I honestly have to say that my race at the CIS was rather anticlimactic.  It seems that all this running finally caught up with me.  I am overdue for a little R&R and I suspect that I am not the only one who wishes this race was one week earlier.  I may be frustrated with my race but there were stellar performance from the UofS huskies.




On the mens side the team pushed through difficult course conditions and the paings of a season of hard racing.  All of the men gave everything they could.  With breakthrough races by Eric Mueller, and John-patrick Waslen, solid efforts by Stefan Gerard and Riley Magee.  Matt Mazurik ran a good farewell race, this is his 5th and last year of University Athletic eligibility.  Samir Marin over came some painful injuries and was the best placed Sask-Man.  Although the numbers didn't quite add up this year the Huskies have a strong foundation and more depth then they have seen in years. So keep an eye out for the future.

The women raced very well.  As a team they collected enough finishing points to place in the top ten teams.  This is something that the Huskie Cross-Country team has not done in many years.  In medal contention was non-other than the Huskies own Caitlyn Warkentin.  Caitlyn ran fantastically with the race leaders until the closing kilometer.  Caitlyn placed fourth in the womens championships,  that evening she was named as Western-Canada MVp and as a Canadian all-star.  Caitlyn has one year of eligibility remaining and is more than capable of this championship.

The entire team is now on for some much deserved rest time.  Most of the mens and womens team will be moving indoors to tear it up on the track for the winter.  I on the other-hand feel that my bike has been idle for too long.  After some rest and some planning I will be back in the saddle to load the base for the 2011 season.


 Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 
















Wait there's more-  I snaped a few photo's so check out the photo-b-log tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment