Sunday, November 21, 2010

Re-Building My Bike

Well it's that time of year.  I've had about as much running as I can handle this fall.  The huskies are great and it did keep me in shape, but the love is for the bike and I am ready to rip in 2011.  This week I have been re-building my bike literally and figuratively.

Literally 

Earlier this fall I cannibalized my road bike.  I moved 90% of the parts to a cyclo-cross frame.  I striped everything down.  Right down to the bearings.  It all gets a good sound cleaning. and then pieced back together into a proper road bike.  I actually find this entire process to be very relaxing, even zen like.

 square one

poor cross bike, it has no idea what is comming

road bike going to get a major face lift

In Saskatchewan we do it right.  We clean our bikes with diesel.

take it all apart, polish, rebuild

 Now that looks like a bike.

 And that is a hollow shell until next fall


Figuratively

Re-building everything.  Big news and Big plans for 2011.  A new year.  A new Team. A new city.  A new winter.  A new program with new tools.  More on all that later this week.

Tonight a new base period began with a little bike ride on the Saskatoon indoor running track.  I have never been so excited to ride around a 200m circle for 2hrs,  I was super stoked to be on my bike tonight.  You can expect to find me turning circles at the Saskatoon field-house every Sunday night.  play this video on loop for 2hrs and you get the full experience.



Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 


No comments:

Post a Comment