Monday, June 6, 2011

Almonte 40km TT

Yesterday I woke up really early.  That's 530am early.  Team Fresh Air Experience sent Phillipe Bergeron and I, two "Time Trialists" to contest th Almonte 40km ITT.  The Race started at 830am and was located aver an hour away in the Calabogie highlands.  So I was up early, 530am early.  We arrived with just enough time to sign in set up and have a short warm-up.

The race course was through the Calibogie highlands.  This is Canadian shield country featuring lots of lakes and rocky forested terrain.  Over 40 km there where no substantial climbs and no substantial flats.  I used the full range of my casset with my speed either 30km/hr or 60km/hr.  Although I am lacking in the Top end right now, I was able to stay in control and ride the fine line for a steady output.

After the finish my body was angry as it should be.  Had the race been much longer I would have had some  major muscle issues.  Fortunately the finish line came just in time.  When all the times where in and ordered it was revealed that Fresh Air Experience/Ottawa Bicycle club was on a good day.  I took my first victory of the season and Phillipe rounded out the podium in third place. 

For our efforts we where rewarded with 2 hrs of motor-pacing 100km back to the outskirts of Ottawa.  Then I rewarded myself properly with  lunch and a nap.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment