Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nutrition

What a head-ache!  There is just way too much to think about to manage a diet.  Every Time I try to really get on top of things I just end up with an OCD headache.  Balancing your intake, to stay lean and produce power, is both an art and a science.  In this regard I am neither Van Gough nor Einstein.

There are just too many variables to think about.  Carbs, proteins, vitamins, fats, iron.  Am I eating too little am I eating too much.  The last thing I ever want to do is sit down and do math before every meal.  Now, you are probably thinking that I should quit whining and just eat what my body says to.  Alas, I wish it were that simple. 

I have recently been instructed to step up my nutritional management.  This assessment comes from some rather qualified individuals and cannot be ignored.  I have been given some homework, a shopping list and lesson in basic math.  Now I have a headache.  This is not a quick alteration and I am going to have to form some habits.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment