Friday, April 23, 2010

playing doctor

Yesterday, as the doctor ordered I pulled out my stitches.  When I left the hospital I was provided with tweezers and curved scissors.  Tools specifically designed for the task, and a brief set of instructions.  pulling out stitches is not nearly as difficult or painful as one might think.  In fact it was quite painless and despite having to use a mirror to see what I am doing it was very easy.  I will admit that the first one took some time to get out.  Once I was used to working with the mirror the other six stitches came out rapid fire.  One more confession, it was kinda fun.  I'm sort of into the whole medical thing.


Today I did a breathing test with pac-sport and then rode 5 hours.  It was awesome.  My crash last weekend meant I missed my weekly long rides.  Then I worked for three days, so It was great to finally get a proper ride in today.  It feels good, and this weekend I will get some proper racing in as well.

Tomorrow the team is going into the state of Washington.  We will be racing the Vance Creek Classic.  It is a one day event of 150 km road race.  This will be my longest race yet this year.  I am excited to race in the states.  Even though this is not a target race for me.  I just love racing, and it will be good for the form to get 150 km race under my belt.



 7 laps of this loop adds up to ~150km. Westwood Cycle/Cannondale p/b Vision Sports will have 5 men in this race.  Good representation, that we hope to do something with.




Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly


No comments:

Post a Comment