Monday, March 21, 2011

Case Closed

Does anyone remember this?

Yea that business of car vs. Cuylar that went down in July last year.  Well I have to reiterate how fortunate I am to be alive, let alone riding my bike.  The physical recovery went well enough and I bounced back to win the Provincial Cyclocross Championship.  Then a couple months later to run for the U of S Huskies at Cross-Country Nationals in Quebec.

Legally this sh*t dragged on forever.  With the amount of red tape and bureaucracy we have in the world it is amazing that anything ever gets done.  I got in there and I pushed pencils like you wouldn't believe.  Number two pencils, mechanical pencils coloured pencils you name it.  Lame jokes aside, the process involved busting my ass for weeks followed sitting on my thumbs for months while I waited for requested documents from various official bureaus.  The most helpful of which was Lawrence O'Neil, Personal Injury Attorney, and the most difficult was Service Canada.  Eight months later and its a wrap.  I have been told that this is some kind of record for an ICBC claim, but I am just glad to have it off my back.   For all the trouble I was granted a bag of financial peanuts and clean legal slate.  Now what to do with the peace of mind that I just got back?


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 

No comments:

Post a Comment