Thursday, March 3, 2011

All Things Come to an End

I have made it home safe and sound.  Julia Garnet and I drove non-stop from Tucson to Saskatoon in 30.5 hours.  Impressive if I do say so myself.  I am glad to say that the drive is over.  I am more than certain that road trips, although worth while, cannot be good for your health.  In the last 30 hours I was seated 95% of the time and my diet consisted primarily of nayonnaise and chocolate coffee beans.  And now, it is over.

Also over is my time in Tucson.  I had quality weather.  I had quality training.  And, I had quality adventures.  In  two months I rode over 4,100 kilometers, climbed over 36000m and got my tan on in a big way.  I would even consider myself spoiled by the warm weather.  I feel like I have come home to an absolute deep freeze.  If I intend to train over the next few weeks I am in for a healthy dose of HTFU.  The fourteen day trend predicts highs between -8C and -18C.  I cannot wait for that to come to an end.

Just like my drive and my life in Tucson, I supose that my daily posts will also come to an end.  It's hard to believe but I have made one post a day for two months.  This was never something that I planned to do.  Rather it is something that I just began, and continued, and now have finished.  Sometimes writing was just something to do.  Sometimes thinking of a post was a chore or a challenge.  Most of all, I enjoyed flexing my literary brain waves to maintain this personal web-log.  Furthermore, in some strange way I enjoy that it is anonymously read.  For some reason you all keep coming back for more.  I hope that it is more than just frequency, because now that I am home the posting will have a more casual regularity.  I still intend to keep the world updated on any noteworthy action or opinions that come through my life.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for giving me reason to write.

Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment