Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What is Left in Tucson

Well, today is my last full day in Tucson.  I am half-assed packed and the house is half-assed clean.  Whats left to do is not all that stimulating.  More cleaning and more packing....  These are two of the most exhausting things I can think of.  No matter how badly I want to go home it is still hard to get the ball rolling.  That being said I am so ready to come home.  Tucson has nothing to offer right now to keep me here.

I have enjoyed the weather and the training has been superb.  Tucson as a whole is just not somewhere that I could live long term.  There is something so strange about the desert.  So dry, and everything is prickly.  Nothing is green and water is nowhere to be found.  I have often wondered to myself, why would anyone have settled here in the first place?

I don`t mean to sound jaded.  I suppose I am just home-sick.  I guess its official if its in print.  Once again I have an epic road trip ahead of me. Tucson, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon.  3,050km  non-stop if I can help it.  I am really looking forward to some familiar suroundings and to see my friends and Family in Saskatoon.  Now as I mentioned above I have some things to do.  pack, clean and make sandwiches.

The plan of Attack


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

1 comment:

  1. :) gonna be good to see you back here. Get ready for cookoff!

    ReplyDelete