Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So what else is on your mind.

Today I entertained my right brain.  I went on a walk about in the National Art Gallery.  From my doorstep its about 4km to the museum, plus wandering the halls and galleries for a good 2 hours, and then I plodded my way home. This is the most walking I have done in months and my feet agree.  I suppose I could have taken the bus but I felt like walking. It was worth it.

The Art Gallery was super deadly.  Although I have little artistic talent, I do have a great appreciation for art and those with talent.  I particularly liked the contemporary exhibit and the collection of Inuit sculptures.  I would go into more detail except I neglected to take a note pad.  Instead I thought it would be a good idea to just take pictures of everything.  I was immediately chastised.  photographs are not allowed... DUH.  I guess I didn't think that one through.

I probably could have spent more time wandering around and I might even go for a return visit before leaving Ottawa.  It is strange I have been in Ottawa almost four months now and I have neglected investigate any of the monuments or museums.  I suppose that's what locals do though.  Now with only one month left in Ottawa I want to commit to a little tourist activity.  Maybe I can awaken my brain from its hibernation before returning to school in the fall.

Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment