Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What are your goals

As the saying goes, "you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."  I had some big goals for the month of August.  I was presented with the opportunity to travel to the Caribbean and race in the Tour of Guadeloupe.  This 10 day race would dominate the remainder of my summer.  All training was to prepare for this race and all other events became secondary.  In fact this became the only race I planned to do in August.

When this project was cancelled the sensation was that of a misfire.  I had been so focused and dedicated, and still felt that way.  Except that I was now aiming at a void.  My goal, the target, had been removed.  All my work and planning now had end point.  The rest of my summer was suddenly void of any racing.  I find myself with no goal or target event  and my motivation has taken a serious blow.

I have been scrambling to organize a new calender for the rest of the summer.  Unfortunately all my plans remain abstract.  I could list for you races that I would like to do, but for each one I cannot say if it will actually happen.  So, I remain with out target races.  I don't know if I will be racing and so it has been very difficult to motivate my training and diet.  I feel broken, and it's only because I don't know where I am going.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 

No comments:

Post a Comment