Friday, July 8, 2011

Writen

Anyone who reads this blog knows that from time to time I like to toss my thoughts at the world-wide-web.  For better or worse I type whats on my mind and then forget about it.  This little habit that I have developed has given me two pretty cool opportunities in the last few months.

The first gig that I found myself in was doing a little race reporting for pedal magazine.  playing journalist was a truly unique experience and something that I never imagined myself doing.  As it turns out I could not have imagined what it takes to follow arace with a pen and a pad.  I found a new understanding and respect for the reporters that bring the action to the masses.

The second opportunity is actually the first.  I began to pursue this months ago in Tucson, it's just only coming alive now.  In FebruaryI contacted the new Editor of Road Bike Rider.  RBR is an e-book and internet publishing company.  I solicited myself to contribute content with a new perspective.  To make a long story short, we are several months down the road and I share a new rotating column on the weekly newsletter.  My first piece was published yesterday.  You can read it HERE.

I remain insistant that my words are nothing special.  I have come to enjoy scribbling on this blog, and I guess I am reaching for a new level.  There is but one draw down... Now that there is some expectation of me I have become a victim of severe chronic writers block.  That is defined as, a lack of inspiration when prepared to write and a lack of preparation when inspired.  My solution is to emulate the work of 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters in the hopes that I too may produce the works of Shakespeare.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly 

No comments:

Post a Comment