Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Visiting

It is a strange feeling to be a visitor in your home town.  It dawned on me the other day.  I have visited many cities, but I have never visited Saskatoon.  Yet, it is impossibly true.  I flew home on Thursday, stayed for the weekend, and I fly back to Vancouver tomorrow morning.  I am in the city where I was born and raised, but...

I am just visiting.

...

Crazy.

What a visit it was.  It was fantastic to see my family and friends.  Lots of chill times this weekend.  I am inspired by the support that everyone is giving me.   I am truly grateful to have good friends.  I hope to see many of you sooner rather than later.  If you are ever in the GVA drop me a line.

 The central focus of the weekend was my interview with the U of S collage of medicine.  This is the second year that I have applied to the collage and been granted an interview.  I cannot say that it was anymore comfortable, but I knew what I was getting myself into.  It is difficult to asses how one did in the interview.  I had no disaster, and I felt that I always had something to put forward.  These are good sensations, and I can only hope that I was able to stand out amongst the other applicants.

 Before this trip I had been building some large fatigue.  My bikes stayed in port moody, training took a back seat, and an official rest week was declared.  The rest was great, I have recovered well.  The rest was too long.  I have become fat and restless.  I am eager to get back and start training again.  I am very motivated.  I am ready to put in more miles and get stronger with every revolution of the cranks.  I am currently looking forward to the Team Saskatchewan Camp in penticton BC.  This will be the first year that I am able to attend this camp and I am very excited.

 Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.

Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment