Friday, March 12, 2010

Today's Ride, 20min. FML.

Today was one of those days where the motivation was slow to wind up.  I slept in until 730, and found that yes it is raining outside and will rain all day.  I made a fantastically large breakfast, it is always a good motivator knowing you have calories to burn.  I put on my scuba gear and was rolling out at 10am intending to spend the day on the bike.


Not even ten minutes into my ride.  BOOM. Hit by a car.


It happened quickly.  I was rolling along, and the car was parked on the right hand side of the road.  The car pulled out of the parking stall with an immediate u-ball.  I could not break in time, I could not veer right for more cars parked there and the car was crossing to the left.  "Oh shit!"  I knew it was unavoidable and because I recognized this I was able to lessen the severity of the crash.  Rather than hitting head on I pulled a hockey skid into the side of the car, flipped sideways over the front end and rolled backwards across the road.  

preliminary body check.  I did not hit my head.  Most of the impact was to my hip.  Everything moves.  Nothing is broken.  

preliminary bike check.  Ride able.  Good I can get home.

preliminary car check.  She is sticking around. Good.  The mirror is smashed off.  Door panel has good sized dent and gouge.   

We exchange information.  She's cute but I am too annoyed to care.  My day was just ruined.  I roll of toward home.  My hip is sore and some twinge in my ankle as well.  Total riding time 20 min.  Time on couch all day.  Bicycle repairs, yet to be determined.  Glad to be alive priceless!

Instead of a 5 hour ride, today's training will consist of Ice, ibuprofen, yoga, and bike repairs.  I will continue to asses my condition and it may affect my plans to race spring series this weekend.  I will do everything right to get back on the bike as soon as possible.

    Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment