Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow, It's almost like I live here, or something.

Well the big news right now is that I got a Job.  For the first time in 3 years I am working in a bike shop again.  I am working sales at Cap's Westwood Cycle, in port Coquitlam.  Cap's is the Bike shop that is sponsoring the team, needless to say I had a bit of an in.  Even so, I am very grateful for the opportunity.  Right now I am working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 930am to 6pm.  Now to be honest I would prefer to be on either an afternoons or mornings schedule, leaving the other half of the day for training.  This schedule is the next best thing.  I work three days straight and have four days off for training.
I believe I have come up with an effective sustem for training and work.  I will use one of the three days as a rest day, on the other two days I will wake up at 6am giving me a little over 2 hrs to ride before work.  I am not a fan of 6am, but I am committed to my training.  The extra rest may end up being beneficial.
I am still not too familiar with the area.  I am beginning to learn my way about a few cycling routes.  I have to say that the amount of traffic here just lows me away.  Even on back roads there is always a car.  I am adapting to deal with this, and I am adapting to dealing with the rain.  I have begun to cope with the rain the same way that the locals do.  This is by not acknowledging the existence of rain, ever.  You do not speak of rain, and you do not let it affect your plans, schedule or activities.  You just ignore it, as if it isn't even there.  That is how ppl seam to deal with it.
After working for the last three days I am eager for the 4 days of riding that are ahead of me.  I am eager to start racing, although I am not quite ready yet.  IT is still the time of year to be focusing on putting miles into the legs.  This will be my continued focus for the next two weeks.

Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment