Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well I sort of finished.

WOW is that ever a depressing title.  I guess it reflects the theme of the day. 

I raced another spring series race today.  The course was 18 laps for 125km with some undulations but no big hills.  This course was much more to my characteristics, however I was unable to capitalize.  It seems today was the opposite of yesterday.  Yesterday, I was over dressed, over-heating and I did not drink enough.  Today, It was raining, I was cold, and I had to pee from the get go.

I was well motivated until we began staging in the pouring rain.  Then the motivation took a nose dive.  The energy levels were not what they were yesterday.  Never the less I tried to ride actively.  The difference between riding actively versus riding aggressively results in missing out on the decisive breakaways.  There were several missed opportunities for which I knew I should be there but was not.  Thus I remained in the bunch, and the highlight of my race became the point when the pace slowed enough that I could take a nature break.

With three laps to go the commissars informed us that we would be getting lapped by the breakaway, and that after being lapped they would be pulling us from the race.  Sure enough in the next lap we were overtaken by the  breakaway.  Knowing that this was our last lap Cyrus and I sprinted for the finish line.  I won : )

 So I had an unsuccessful weekend of racing.  It is difficult mentally, I suppose I pressure myself.  I am focused on the later months.  For now I will be capping of the base in the next two weeks.

Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

1 comment:

  1. Yeah well although I was too sick to get out of bed, I will still gloat: GE 2/2 on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete