Monday, March 29, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good.

Today I was looking to go for a long ride, but the weatherman was calling for lots of rain.  Fortunately just after breakfast the sky was clearing.  I set out to ride and chased a patch of clear sky.  This was good.  I followed the clear sky patch into the Langley area.

The Bad.

In Fort Langley I got a flat. LAME.  I reached into my pocket pulled out my spare tube.  I reached into my pocket and could not find my pump, which I left at home.  This was bad.  Fortunately there is a bicycle shop in Fort Langley and they let me use a pump.  My ride was saved for now.

The Ugly.

Today I had dead legs, and poor energy. I had followed my clear patch into south Langley, but I was fading.  I was feeling the bonk.  Not good and I decided to turn for home.  I turned around and saw that to the North it was night time.  Not really but there was a wall of black clouds occasionally bursting with light.  I had little choice, and dove into the storm.  I got soaked right down to the small intestines.  To add insult to misery, shortly after getting home the sun poked out again.



Consolation goodness.

I got new kicks!

CHECK IT!

 
Diadora pro Racer
 

As I like to call them, Diadora Super Carbon's.


Cha-Bling.  SO light!

I will have these bad boys dialed by the end of the week.  

I have been rocking Triathlon shoes for the last two years so I am super stoked on new shoes.  Just ask Scott, I dove after these when he pulled them out for me.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.



Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment