Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Day at the Races

Today There was a small criterium at the University of Arizona. A number of Canuklehead-Snowbirds entered in the race. Since my racing license is back in Saskatoon I did not race. Instead I elected to ride the shootout in the morning and play photo-logger in the afternoon. I always find it interesting to be on the sideline of a bicycle race. I have to say that watching sure got me fired up. After only a couple laps I was itching to be in the race.

Here`s the catch of the day.


Julia Dictating the pace

 post race Julia, right Jiggered


Alberta Boyes

Brad getting pricked

Best ever helmet, glasses, jersey combo

pre-race Colt

 Cody Canning

 Cannucks on the Start line.

 Money shot.  These guys went right over my head.

 Wildcat second wheel

Colter's $100 attack


The shootout was fun but these guys sure got me itching to race.  Last time I ever leave my license at home.  Its good though, to get a small dose of motivation.  Too bad its still snowing at home.  I wont get my first race for another month and right now I just wish there was one tomorrow. 



Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly



No comments:

Post a Comment