Monday, February 21, 2011

Grave Digging


If you dig deep enough you will come out the other side.  Training is all about pushing your limits in a controlled way, so that latter you can race uncontrollably.  In training you break everything down.  You stress your muscles, your heart, your lungs, your blood and even your mind.  Everything gets worked on, stomped on, fed and worked again.  Eventually fitness becomes drilled into you.

Training is no secret, the real trick is recovery.  You dig that hole as deep as you can and then you climb out and scramble to the top of the pile.  That`s your fitness, on top of a mountain that you dug from below.  What does all this mean?  This week is my last week here, and I am digging a grave. 

There is no such thing as over training, only under recovery.  I have been told this for years.  Now I think I am starting to understand.  This week its go big, big, BIG. Spelunking if you will, digging deep into a cave.  So what does it take to recover every day.  I get to eat almost anything I want; I nap in the afternoon, and sleep nine hours a night.  HAHA.  Grave digging is awesome. “light weight!”

 Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly


No comments:

Post a Comment