Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lemmon Crushes Back

Mount Lemmon is one of the most iconic climbs in the USA.  The climb is known nation wide not because it is incredibly steep but because it is incredibly long.  The road to the summit is 26 miles of nearly continuous positive gradient.  Between mile  zero and mile 26 you gain in elevation a total of 1700m topping out at over 2500m above sea level.

I have been meaning to cross this one off the list since I got here.  Although I have used the slope many times for drills.  Until today I have yet to ride all the way to the top.  Some days too cold, other times to alone.  I wanted to ride this one to the top and share with some pals.  Today a great group of Canadians where decided to ride'er all the way.  I was so ready to go.

Rout profile

Ride Stats,
5hrs, 136km, 2380m climbing, 2500cal.  $2 for a can of coke at the top so worth it!
I'm pretty bombed. Time for a nap.  Something like 8 or 9 hours ought to do it.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly


No comments:

Post a Comment