Sunday, February 20, 2011

Munchies

What's in your diet?

Rest days give me the munchies.  Big time.  Like Harold and Kumar Big Time!

30 sliders, 5 french fries, and 4 large cherry cokes

OK so I think I make better choices, but man I could have gone for that today.  After several days of riding all day I guess I wracked up a pretty good calorie deficit.  Now on light day with sour weather I have nothing to do but have myself an all day buffet.  I knew this would be the case and I wanted  to distract myself.  I rode over to the University to do some shopping.  Turns out today is Sunday, who knew?  That means most stores are closed.  So I rode home.  U bought Groceries on the way and then ate most of them this afternoon.

So, what does a cyclist eat in one say?  Well since you asked, I kept track.  

Breakfast
- bagel with cream cheese, 2 eggs and a banana in a bowl of yogurt

Snack
- an apple and couple ounces of trail mix
-2 ounces of chocolate covered nuts.

Lunch
- large chicken enchilada

Snack (non-stop all afternoon)
-4 granola cookies with a glass of milk
-2 handfuls of chocolate almonds
-1 tapioca pudding cup
- 8 licorice sticks

Dinner
- two bowls of mushroom soup with added rice, fresh mushrooms and 1/3 pound of ground turkey

Snack
-bowl of yogurt with chocolate almonds.


Don`t you just care SO much?


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment