Thursday, February 3, 2011

Full House

We are officially full up at CCCp.  We are almost tight enough to envy sardines.  Last night we picked up the final member of our cycling brotherhood Lucas Bent.  Lucas is from peterborough Ontario and he rode the Greyhound bus for 57hours to get to Tucson.  HARDCORE.  This summer Lucas is racing for Team Fresh Air Experience/Ottawa Bicycle Club.  That makes us Teammates, represent! 

Lucas Bent Everybody

Today was righteously COLD.  The high was 5 degrees with a 30km/hr wind.  When I packed I was thinking I would be spending two months in a nice hot desert.  When I packed, I only packed summer bike gear.  Today I wore almost everything that I packed.  I wore two summer base-layers, wool socks, booties, double arm warmers, leg warmers, a vest a jacket, a scarf, mitts and a toque.  In four hours I managed 2 flats and several frozen digits.  Nothing like a frigid kick in the nuts to get you to HTFU.



Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment