Monday, January 24, 2011

A Case of the Mondays

Today was just one of those days.  You know the type, everyone has one now and then.  You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or in my case the floor, and for the rest of the day you are just not right with the world.  I am sure that I do not have anything proper to feel sour about.  At this point I assume that the world will keep spinning.  But isn't that just what makes a bad day bad, knowing full well that all your little problems really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things?  Screw the rest of the universe, it cannot possibly be greater than the sum of it`s parts.

Here we go, time to vent.  Despite having a quality nine hours of sleep I woke up this morning.  Which is something that I did not want to do and almost gave it a miss.  Normally breakfast is my favorite meal.  This morning I was both hungry and bloated.  This is a terrible combination.  If you eat you feel worse, if you don`t eat you feel worse.  I ate based on math which always gives me a headache.  It was cold this morning so I was rather bored waiting for it to warm up so I could go for comfortable ride.  I always feel better and better once I am on my bike.  I was expecting a quality ride to pick my day up.

I was wrong.  The route I picked was an absolute dud.  I was tired the whole time and struggled to focus.  On top of that I had non-stop mechanical issues.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  I have no desire at the moment to wrench my bicycle but I know that I have too.  I also know that it is going to be a nit-pickity, time consuming pain in the arse.  I tried to nap and even that was a spectacular failure.I am restless, tired, bored, occupied, hungry and bloated.  In short everything all at once is in some kind of internal civil war, while the world sits and goads everything into further self conflict.

Now it has recently come to my attention that the day of the week is Monday.  This is just the revelation I needed to give me hope.  I find the primary fault of my aforementioned uncomfortable inconvenience to be entirely attributed to the day of the week.  My strategy for the remainder of the day will be one of attrition.  I cannot hope to defeat "Mondays Law."  I just have to ride this sucker out and look forward to Tuesday.


Training shall be based solely on feel,
while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct.


Cuylar Conly

No comments:

Post a Comment